Today is a special day. Eight years ago, I met my husband for a game of Pool, and then dinner. He is an introvert and is quiet in the company of people he doesn’t know well. But it was Cupid at work that night because he was so chatty over dinner, that I didn’t mind going out with him again. 🙂
We have been through:
1) three years of dating and adjustment to each other’s habits and personalities,
2) a simple and sweet wedding,
3) getting used to me as a new family addition staying with parents-in-law,
4) two times the excitement of cuddling our newborns a year after another,
5) two times the emotional turmoil of handling naughty-twos,
and today, we remind ourselves that it hasn’t been a bed of roses, and that we need to continue putting in efforts in our communication and commitment, to celebrate the anniversaries to come.
Love brings two people together,
Commitment binds them tighter,
Communication strengthens their love.
Happy Eighth Year Meeting Anniversary to us!